Resource Hub on Measures and Funding under COVID-19 | Article – HSBC VisionGo
A comprehensive list covering industry support under Anti-Epidemic Fund, Hong Kong Trade Development Council and regulatory authorities
As our society copes with the coronavirus outbreak, the Hong Kong government has earmarked HK$287.5 billion in three rounds of measures to help alleviate the financial burden of businesses and individuals. Read this booklet with key measures on:
- Employment Support Scheme (wage subsidies);
- Digital Business Programme (further details to be announced soon);
- Subsidy schemes for food licensees and sectors of construction, retail, arts and culture, tourism, passenger transport, catering, aviation, education (first and second rounds of grants) and sports coaching; and
- SME Financing Guarantee Scheme.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Latest schedules of HKTDC international exhibitions and conferences
- Spring Virtual Expo
- Transformation Sandbox (T-box) for business upgrading and digital transformation
- Start-up Express 2020
- Webinars and training
Measures by Regulatory Authorities
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Securities and Futures Commission issue joint statement on disclosure of financial information in view of travel restrictions, with further supplements and frequently asked questions
- Securities and Futures Commission issues guidance to the fund industry
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Insurance Authority introduces and enhances temporary facilitative measures
Relief Funds by Higher Education
- The University of Hong Kong announced it would establish a relief fund of HK$10 million to support students and community members in need
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong announced the establishment of the CU RElief Fund (CURE Fund) to support university members adversely affected by the epidemic.
This article is updated as of 24 April 2020. For the latest information and updates, please refer to the original sources from respective authorities.