The Art of Being Unapologetic | Article – HSBC VisionGo
Original Article: https://www.louderglobal.com/resources
LOUDER Global on IG: @louderbyyamilettecano
LOUDER Global on LI: LOUDER Global
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be unapologetic? Why are we always apologizing? Shouldn’t we all just embrace our authentic selves?
Being unapologetic does not mean that you need to be rude or arrogant. A person who is unapologetic is confident in what they are doing, communicates with impact, and moves forward with intention. When you second guess who you are (your personal brand) and what you say (your communication), it can cause unnecessary stress and anxiety making you more reactive instead of proactive.
In order to stand out from the crowd you need to be unapologetic: be prepared to go against the grain, push boundaries, and take your own self-doubt head-on.
“Being unapologetic requires you to have the vision of what you want to achieve, the conviction of what you know to be right and the belief in what you feel to be valuable.”
- Michael Licenblat
Why You Shouldn’t Be Apologetic (And Instead be Unapologetic)
Causes On-Going Anxiety
Constantly worrying about what you said or what you did will cause you to have anxiety and stress. This anxiety and stress will come out in your body language and diminish your confidence and overall persona.
Kills Your Impactful Communication
Without impactful communication you will sound and appear to be less confident. When you don’t communicate with impact you will have a difficult time engaging your audience.
Negative Effect on Your Personal Brand
Not embracing your authentic self with your personal brand and apologizing for who you are and what you do can negatively affect your personal brand by depleting your confidence.
Five Behaviours You Need to Embrace for Your Unapologetic Self
1. Communicate with intention: when you are communicating, think carefully about what you want to say before you say it. Say your words with impact and believe what you are saying at your core -- this will come out in your tone, body language, and confidence.
2. Be nice with YOU: sometimes things go wrong, it happens. Don’t focus on what goes wrong, focus on how you will handle it, and what you will learn.
3. Goodbye second guessing: be confident in all of your decisions and the direction you want to go. You can still weigh the pros and cons of different directions, but once you choose a direction don’t second guess it.
4. Step outside of your comfort zone: growth comes from stepping out of your comfort zone. Stepping out of your comfort zone will let you reach new levels in your path.
5. Celebrate the big and the small: recognize all of the achievements around you regardless of how big or how small. Go ahead and celebrate yourself and those around you.
Changes You Will Notice from Being Unapologetic
Your confidence will reach new levels that you didn’t know were possible.
Living life on your rules, not worrying about what others will think.
You will attract other unapologetic, confident individuals.
You will feel liberated and free.
Your creativity will flourish.
Your life will change, you get to be YOU!
Your confidence starts with you being unapologetic. From there, you will start communicating with impact and your personal brand will reach new levels.
It’s your life. Make the decision now to stop worrying about what other people think and embrace your authentic YOU unapologetically.