Are you ready to digest the much-discussed FinTech buzzwords such as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) and Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DC/EP)?
People's Bank of China (PBoC) has planned to transform all printed RMB into digital form. How will digitized currency impact China, the Greater Bay Area (GBA) and the world? How shall the payment infrastructure and local economies be impacted by the new rules and reordered when payments can be tracked by the authorities? How would the capital market and the purchasing pattern be impacted by it?
Prof. Emil Chan, the seasoned banking IT expert, scholar and FinTech evangelist will elaborate all the above in easy understanding of business language in an interactive manner.
We will be discussing:
- A brief history of the internet and currency
- Introductory to Cryptocurrencies
- Understand the difference between various types of Central Bank Digital Currency
- The Impacts of Digital RMB (DC/EP) to the payment systems and more importantly, to the economies of GBA and the Belt and Road countries
- The Impact of Digital RMB (DC/EP) to the capital market and investment
*Please bring your own smartphone for a better learning journey
Prof. Emil Chan, is a FinTech evangelist, digital transformation consultant and startup mentor with extensive experience encompassing cross-border financial systems design and operations in the banking industry.