There’s an overwhelming amount of information available about investing, and so it’s difficult to find the right investment advice (what is the “right” advice after all?).
As a result, people shy away from the topic of investing all together, or make ill-advised financial decisions. Investing is vitally important when it comes to reaching one’s goals, as it can accelerate the growth of the hard-earned savings that we discussed in Financial Planning Basics.
This module unpacks investing jargon to help individuals make responsible investing decisions.
- Differences between various asset classes & portfolio types
- How to evaluate investment strategies and managers
- Relationship between risk and return
- Why it's important to be true to your personal risk preferences
Who should Join:
- Individuals interested in building their investment portfolio
- Persons who are currently investing in stocks and wants to know more about risk and return of their investments
- If you are not familiar with where and how to start your investment journey
Marilyn So is the Head of Business Development at StashAway HK. After completing her undergraduate degree, Marilyn started her career at Barclays Capital covering private banks in a multi-asset sales team for over 5 years in Hong Kong. Subsequently, driven by her curiosity in technology, she moved to Charles & Keith to drive digital transformation for the group and build the e-commerce business focused on the US market.
Marilyn holds an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BA double major in Economics and East Asian Languages and Literature from Smith College.